Magnificat High School is seeking a full-time Spanish Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
The essential duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
● Teach five sections of Spanish, which may include a variety of courses including introductory through advanced Spanish
● Serve as a member of the World Languages Department, attending the departmental meetings, developing and updating course curricula, and supporting the work of the World Languages Department
● Keep up-to-date on educational research and proven innovative educational practices
● Integrate appropriate technology and online resources to foster a student-centered classroom
● Serve as grade level advisor to approximately 12-15 students, overseeing their academic and social growth
● Partner with parents to support the holistic growth of students
● Serve as a member of departmental teams to support both horizontal and vertical curriculum planning, developing, and assessing, and coordination of student support
● Lead or assist in co-curricular programming
● Support school-wide activities and events through supervision and/or participation
● Perform other non-teaching duties as assigned by the Deans and President
Candidates must possess demonstrated competence and leadership in Spanish/World Languages education. BA & appropriate state licensure required. Advanced degree is preferred, but not required. An understanding of the developmental needs of high school students is required; we seek teachers who bring with them a healthy combination of flexibility, energy, creativity, high expectations and sense of humor. Candidates should be committed to holistic education of young women. Faculty must be able to actively support the school Mission, philosophy and belief statements in relationships with students, parents, faculty, and visitors. Candidates should be willing and eager to assist broadly in the life and the School and be highly effective in collaborating and communicating with colleagues and parents.
Founded in 1955, Magnificat High School is a Catholic, all girls, college preparatory day school serving approximately 750 young women in grades 9-12 from across Northeast Ohio. The School’s Mission—Educating young women holistically to learn, lead, and serve in the spirit of Mary’s “Magnificat”—guides the faculty to prepare students for a life of engagement and leadership after Magnificat. Central to Magnificat’s Mission is our purpose—to empower young women to be role models for the real world. To fulfill this purpose we expect all of our faculty and staff to serve as role models themselves, upholding our Mission through their daily decisions and interactions. With a state-of-the-art facility that includes Surround Learning spaces, Magnificat provides a challenging, balanced course of study in a nurturing, supportive environment that provides for student choice and advocacy. At Magnificat, faculty are passionate about teaching both their disciplines and adolescent girls, and strive to constantly reflect and better their practice. To learn more about our school, visit our website at www.magnificaths.org.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, references and copies of transcripts, copy of license to:
Magnificat High School | 20770 Hilliard Boulevard | Rocky River, OH 44116
Attn: Carolyn Offutt, Director of Human Resources
Or via email to email@example.com
Magnificat High School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified individuals to apply.
Magnificat High School Athletics is currently seeking qualified candidates for:
Head Varsity Basketball Coach
Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach
Please send your resume to Paul Barlow, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org