Calendar of Events
Daily Shadow Visits
- The shadowing program is available to 8th grade students and to potential transfer students. Some days will be unavailable as the Magnificat calendar is subject to change. To register your student for a Shadow Visit, please call the Admissions Office at 440.331.1572.
March 5—Magnificat Welcomes the Class of 2020
- Magnificat High School will welcome the incoming freshman class—the Class of 2020! Students and their parents will meet fellow classmates as they register for classes, get measured for uniforms and get a glimpse of what to expect as they make their transition to high school. (Assigned times will be included in the Decision Letters going out in mid-February.)
Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Magnificat is once again partnering with the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo to bring the ZOO to YOU! This event is open to Future Blue Streaks in grades 4-8. Participants will get close to small animals and will learn from the Zoo staff what skills are required to take care of these animals. The event will take place at Magnificat High School on Saturday, March 12 at 9 a.m.
- MagnifiZoo, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Click here for online registration. Limited spots available; reservations are taken in the order they are received.
April 7 and April 21- New this year, 7th Grade Shadow Days
- We invite 7th Grade students to spend a day with a freshman and see what a typical high school day is like at Magnificat. Shadowing is a great way for a prospective student to meet our students, faculty and administrators, and to tour our facilities. Parents are invited to an informational session and tour at 8 a.m. or at 2:30 p.m. (after you drop off, or before you pick up your 7th grader).
- To register for a shadow visit, please click here or call the Admissions Office at 440.331.1572, ext. 248. (Please note: a shadow reservation must be made 3 days in advance of the visit.)
April 14-Prospective Parent Information Night
- Parents of students in grades 5-8 are invited to attend an informational session at Magnificat High School on Thursday, April 14 from 6-8 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. You will have the opportunity to meet our President, Ms. Jen Hebda Halliday ’95; the Dean of Academics, Ms. Marilyn Arundel; and the Dean of Student Life and Formation, Mrs. Moira Clark. The evening will begin with a presentation by President Halliday in the Magnificat Center for the Performing Arts at 6:30 p.m. Concluding the presentation, parents can choose from four Breakout Sessions: Affordability, AP/Honors Courses, Academic Plans and Athletics. You will have the opportunity to attend all four sessions or to pick and choose. We invite Future Blue Streak parents to ask questions, meet students and staff members, and see what Magnificat High School has to offer your daughter. Please call the Admissions Office at 440.331.1572, ext. 248 to register.
Please call or email Mrs. Barb Hermann, Director of Admissions, with questions about Future Blue Streak events at 440.331.1572, ext. 274 or at bhermann[at]maghs[dot]org.