Class of 2021 Scholarship/ Placement Exams
All 8th grade students interested in applying to Magnificat High School are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) as part of the admissions process. This Scholarship/ Placement Exam will be offered on the following dates this fall:
|September 27||5–8 p.m.|
|October 8||8:30 a.m.–Noon|
|*October 13||5–8 p.m.|
|*October 22||8:30 a.m.–Noon|
* Accommodations are available. Please call us at 440.331.1572 for details.
Checklist for the exam:
- Check-in begins at 8 a.m. (Doors open at 7:30 a.m.) on morning test dates and at 4:30 p.m. on evening test dates.
- Enter through the Magnificat Center for the Performing Arts (off Wagar Road, in the back of the school).
- Students will greet you and direct you to the Marian Commons, where refreshments will be provided.
- Dress comfortably and bring two, No. 2 pencils.
- A $20 test fee will be collected in the classroom (cash or check payable to Magnificat).
- Calculators are not permitted for this exam; scratch paper will be provided.
Parent Information Session
We invite parents to attend an Information Session from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. on any morning test date in the Magnificat Center for the Performing Arts. Information Sessions will also be held from 5-6 p.m. on any of the evening test dates. Parents will learn about all aspects of school life, including academics, tuition assistance and affordability, scholarship programs, athletics and co-curricular activities.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at 440-331-1572. We are always available to answer questions or to arrange a personal tour of the school.