Liturgy & Prayer
Liturgy and prayer are key elements of the faith life of Magnificat High School. Rejoicing in the good things God has done and continues to do for us, the school community gathers throughout the year for a variety of liturgical celebrations. The whole school gathers for Mass on holy days and special occasions. Students are also invited to participate in weekly prayer services and a monthly Mass before school.
Students are invited to take a leadership role in the school's liturgical life by participating in the liturgical ministries. Through their participation in these ministries, students respond to the call to share their gifts and talents in service to the school community, the Church, and our loving God.
Over 200 students serve in one or more of the following ministries:
- Altar Servers: Students assist the priest during the celebration of Mass.
- Environment ministers: Students help plan and prepare the visual environment for the spaces in which we gather for prayer.
- Extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion: Students in their senior year share Holy Communion at Mass.
- Hospitality ministers: Students foster a welcoming and inclusive environment through their greetings as students gather for worship and through their assistance with ushering during Communion.
- Lectors: Students proclaim the Scripture readings, while also connecting God's Word to our daily lives through the reflections they write and preach.
- Music ministers: Students bring musical support and spirit to the communal prayer and worship by singing or playing an instrument.
Family Mass Program
This program provides each class with the opportunity to gather with their families for a special Mass and celebration. As students and their families journey through their time at Magnificat, we hope and pray that these Masses will serve as memorable occasions of reflection, celebration, and inspiration.