Community & Sophomore Service
Sophomore Service is a Sophomore Theology class requirement and an important component of the overall Theology curriculum. In the Sophomore Theology course our students encounter ways they can respond in charity to the various social justice issues that exist in our world today.
In our Sophomore Theology classes, teachers help students reflect on and process their service experience through a series of class activities, discussions and journal assignments their entire year. This is done outside the classroom by completing 30 hours of service in the local community beginning in the summer after their freshman year until December of their sophomore year. Many girls continue to volunteer even after completing their required hours.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Mary Clare Oberst, Sophomore Service Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a partial list of Sophomore Service partners:
- Birthright of Lorain County
- Camp Cheerful
- Children’s Museum of Cleveland
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Cleveland Metroparks Rocky River Reservation
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Cleveland Right to Life
- EMH Healthcare
- Fairview Hospital
- Harbor Court Assisted Living
- Lake Erie Nature and Science Center
- Local public libraries
- St. Colman Church Neighborhood Outreach
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Valley Riding
- Westlake Village Retirement Center
- West Side Catholic Center
- Youth Challenge