Thank you for your interest in working at Magnificat High School. Below are positions we are looking to fill.
Please submit your resume and other important information to email@example.com.
This role exists to support and implement the mission of Magnificat High School. Under minimal supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Manager maintains and repairs facilities equipment, buildings and grounds. Ensures timely execution of repairs and maintenance. Perform specialized and technical duties. Provides assistance to the Facilities Director and other Facilities team members. Keeps building, grounds and equipment in a clean, orderly, operating and functioning order.
- Performs complex to specialized maintenance duties for the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, boilers and structural systems of the facility. Ensure timely execution of repairs and maintenance. Perform as many duties in-house as feasible to reduce external contractor expense.
- Performs advanced and intricate technical and specialized maintenance and repair toward efficient operation of facilities, equipment, surrounding grounds, or vehicles using standard practices of instructions. Identify situations where repairs and/or maintenance may be more appropriately completed by outside contractors and report findings.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on all HVAC systems and boiler systems, such as changing belts on roof top units; make up air units and bathroom exhaust fans. Clean or replace filters on classroom air handling units. Lubricate bearings on fans as needed. Maintains pneumatic controls air compressor and all actuators and thermostats.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures, (e.g. wall switches and outlets, fluorescent bulbs, and tubes, ballasts, sockets)
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance such as repairing flush valves, faucets, unclogging toilets and snaking drains.
- Maintains accurate records and database. Maintains accurate data in work order system, preventative maintenance completed, and repairs along with costs. Supports Facilities Director in the capture of equipment data to build preventative maintenance database.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections; conducts safety compliance inspections and maintains checklists noting general conditions, needed repairs and potential concerns. Relays information to the Facility Director.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members to ensure cleanliness and proper maintenance of the school’s assets and facilities.
- Completes duties using safe working habits and provides for the safety of other personnel while performing repairs and maintenance. Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Keeps work area clean and maintains an accurate record of tools and supplies.
- Keeps building, grounds, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and functioning manner.
- Handles seasonal duties such as snow removal and salt application as needed to support snow removal contractor.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Facilities Director or delegated individual.
- Reports to the Vice President of Finance & Administration regarding all of the above
Education: High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
Work Experience: Five to seven years in facility maintenance department as a Maintenance Technician or Manager.
Competencies: Maintenance technician designation or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of moderately complex building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lock hardware, roofing, HVAC, etc.
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and understand repair manuals and read blue prints.
- Ability to receive directives and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with power equipment and hand tools.
- Must have computer skills, Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CMMS software a plus.
- Physically able to stoop, bend, reach, and be on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
- This position works both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in various weather conditions as required.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s license and good driving record.
Qualities: Observant, flexible, and motivated to maintain a high level of appearance and function.
Able to work independently and/or as a team member.
Customer service oriented; ability to go above and beyond in any situation.
Meets emergency situations with a sense of calmness; remains respectful at all times.
Possesses appropriate interpersonal skills.
Time Requirements: This position requires flexibility in scheduling. Hours may involve evening and/or weekend work. Schedule/work hours will be dependent upon work load. On call 24/7.
Non-exempt, Full Time, Monday – Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM. Schedule may vary dependent upon workload. Budgeted hours 2080 annually.
Combination of education and experience or equivalent, normally represented by a high school Diploma with
3-5 years’ experience in facilities management and/or construction
College degree and/or continued professional development in target fields of management and/or building system specialties preferred
Minimum 3-5 years in facility management position or equivalent, including proven leadership and management experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Strong working knowledge of moderately complex plumbing, electrical systems, carpentry, roofing, mechanics, masonry, HVAC, etc.
Knowledge in methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in construction, maintenance, and repair of buildings and grounds
Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practices related to building and grounds maintenance
Knowledge of Uniform Building Codes and other related codes, rules, and regulations
Skills and Competencies:
Superior mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and building system skills along with troubleshooting skills
Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and respond to multiple issues at the same time
Strong organizational skills
Demonstrated success in leading teams and collaboration as a team member
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Ability to effectively manage a variety of concurrent and varying activities
Be a resource to others
HVAC license, preferred
Must have current valid Ohio Driver’s License and good driving record
Strong belief in, and respect for, the Mission of Magnificat High School; possess and demonstrate high standards of leadership, organization, flexibility, and communication skills; encourage and assist with development of staff proficiency levels; works effectively in a team environment; high degree of flexibility to meet tight deadlines and changing demands; ability to work extended days, evenings and weekends periodically, as needed.
Submit cover letter and resume by February 28th to:
Magnificat High School
20770 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
Attn: Mary Miller, Vice President of Finance and Administration
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Magnificat High School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified individuals to apply.